Monday, November 24, 2008

Grève de merde

There is ANOTHER train strike today. I wonder if I'll still be shocked by the amount of strikes come March or April. I think so. There was a teacher strike on Thursday, a post office strike on Saturday, and today marks the 4th strike of the SNCF since I've arrived in Saint Etienne.

I don't know how much more I can take.

Today's strike meant, for me, that the train I would've normally taken at 12:18, didn't exist. This train gets me to Rive de Gier over an hour before I would've had to teach, but is my only choice since the floods. So, my already limited train schedule has, today, become almost nonexistant. There was a train at 11:18, which I obviously missed, and now there is not another train until 3:18. Very practical for someone who has to teach a class at 2:00.

Damn the French and their strikes! If it were possible to strike against strikes I would! I'll let you know if I find a way. Until then, all of you Americans can rest easy knowing that you have your giant American cars to take you to work everyday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. That is AWFUL.

Unknown said...

sry I couldn't take yr call. I was on a conf. call at work. I am only going to be in depere for wed. nite-fri morning, then I'm going to Amanda's family's. I'll see you over Christmas sometime, I'm not sure when. I took the week off between x-mas and new years I just haven't figured out where i'll be and when. Sry you never have to work :)