Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Kim:2 - French Consulate:0



Well today was the big day in Chicago!! I officially HAVE my visa and now there's nothing holding me back!! I have to admit, I was pretty stressed out about getting the visa (no real surprise there to some of you), but everything went better than I could have possibly hoped! I got there at 10:45 for an 11am appointment, and left before it was even 11! Then I had to go back at 12:30, and was there for less than a minute before I was handed my visa and sent on my way! A definite success!
Then it was a long journey back to De Pere where I am finally on the last leg of my journey before the real adventure begins!!

It has been SO much fun, albeit exhausting, staying with friends over these past 3 weeks! I am beyond grateful for all the hospitality, support, and love I have been shown during this crazy time in my life! In three weeks I have had more than a few homes, so thanks go out to: Ma minou, Sara & Craig, Jamie (and her roommate Kaila), Amanda, Mike, and also my relatives in Chicago!! Now here I am, back where I started, and it feels more than a little strange.

That being said, words can't explain how excited I am to sleep in my own bed!! In fact, off I go!

No comments: