Friday, September 19, 2008

Oh Ternaux....

For my first full day in France today was definitely a strange one!! Like I said in my post yesterday, today I went with Rachel to Reims! Reims is a very pretty town, and apparently only about 45 minutes by train from Paris, which is really great for Rachel!

Anyway, we spent pretty much the entire day taking wrong turns and making bad decisions (but not fun ones really) all of which made us realize how much tougher we are now than we were 2 years ago!!

At one point we were so lost/tired, we just decided to sit down on a bench at a bus stop for TWO HOURS!!! Let's just say, when people say 'apartment hunting' they mean really HUNTING. It was practically the most impossible thing ever to find these places we were looking for, not helped at all by the fact the Rachel didn't have a decent map of Reims, internet wasn't working, and her phone was dead! Oh la la...

At any rate, we made it back safe and sound, and the day was quite eventful.

I LOVE being able to come home (home in Paris anyway) and be able to use the internet, while it lasts at least!! I opened my inbox to 25 new emails! One of which was from Jamie, promising to write me everyday. Pretty much the nicest thing I've ever read. :)

It tears my heart in two to think of all I'm missing back home, but makes me really happy to know that people are thinking of me, because I'm definitely thinking of them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so nice to be able to read about your day because I know you are now sleeping. Sounds like it was interesting. Talk to you tomorrow. I love you--Mom

Holly said...

in the past paragraph, you wrote two, instead of too.

you should really work on your english before you start teaching it to french kids....

Kim said...

One could say the same for you Holly! Quit looking for errors that don't exist and buy an orange sweater!