Thursday, September 18, 2008

Leaving on a jet plane...

Well today is the day I've been waiting for since the minute I stepped foot off the plane on my way back from Paris almost two and a half years ago. This isn't to say that I wasn't happy to come home then, but more that it's just weird feeling like I want to be two or three places at once. My desired superpower would really come in handy right about now!!

It's around 8 AM, and my flight leaves at 6:00 tonight. Of course, I haven't really started to see just how much I can fit into my giant suitcases quite yet!! I feel ready though. I'm actually surprised at how prepared I feel. Kim left for Spain on Tuesday and Rachel left for France yesterday. I just got an email from Rachel saying that Paris feels just like we never left, which is a good thing! The next time I post on this blog I'll be in France... !!!

My going away party was on Saturday and thought it was a stressful and exhausting day, the party was really fun. I really appreciate everyone that came, especially the ones that came from out of town. We went to a townie bar in De Pere of all things, but it was hilarious. It's times like those that make me wonder how crazy I must have to be to fly 3000 miles away and leave everyone behind. It was great to see everyone, but definitely bittersweet to say the least.

This is a picture of Rico hulahooping at said townie bar.
Note: the only visible people in the entire bar are people from the party.

Also note that is was after the Angry Pirate shot..


Anyway, I'd better get packing! Hopefully all goes as planned! I've never been a light packer...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking of you tonight and know you are on your way to Paris - woo hoo! I hope you got all your essentials in your two gigantic suitcases and they passed the weight limit! Derek is getting all settled in London so you will have friends/family all around the world. Keep us posted on your happenings and have a great journey!

Love,

Aunt Darlene