Sunday, December 21, 2008

Happy Christmas!

Just one of the many strange English phrases I plan to bring to America with me....TOMORROW! What can I say, it's a gift for the masses. Santa Claus is very generous this year. You've been forewarned, my English is a tad ridiculous. It's a mixture of the English the French (attempt to) speak, British English words, and a screwed up Midwest accent that I'd like to think changes a little bit everyday.


I'm not sure how to feel about the upcoming 2 weeks. I know that I'm excited to see everybody, and I know I'll be happy to come back to France in January. But, I wonder what will seem different, if anything. I wonder what I'll miss about France. I know it's going to be a whirlwind couple of weeks, and I really can't wait!


I'm hoping that everything will go alright with my flights. I know it's been snowing pretty much nonstop in the US for a few days now, and that has me terrified. Tomorrow will be a long enough day as it is, without the extra hassle of delays. I have to leave my apartment around 6:00 tomorrow morning to take the tram to the train station. I then take a train to Lyon. Then I take a train from Lyon to Paris (FIRST class!). Then, once in Paris, I get to brave both the metro and the RER before I finally arrive at Charles de Gaulle. Then I fly to Detroit where I'll hop on the plane to Green Bay. Complicated, I know. And probably more than you cared to hear, but now you can feel my pain.


I know I'm only leaving for 2 weeks, but still it feels strange that the people I see and talk to everyday these days will be 4000 miles away. I know I'll have my other people back in my life, for awhile, but this is why traveling is hard. I always miss someone.

No comments: